These devices locate an object within a specific area and often have temperature sensors, motion detection and humidity sensors and rely on batteries.
- BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) systems allow door access control and location positioning for assets.
- RTLS (Real Time Locationing System) is used for locating assets or people within a building or contained area using wi-fi instead of GPS. Often used for medical equipment.
- Manage, monitor and plan bandwidth needs
- Manage and locate technology assets
- Track staff and student movement
- Locate personnel and students that may be injured in a crisis situation
- Alert office when immediate assistance is needed in the classroom for medical or discipline needs
- Mass communication texts in emergencies
- Test emergency plans and procedures